Once a year, the Butter Tart Taste-Off sees our expert bakery partners turn out to compete…with each bringing their best and most original butter tarts! The next annual Taste-Off is scheduled for September 23, 2017, at the Peterborough Farmer’s Market. New categories to the competition this year are, The Canadiana Collection, The Emerging Baker (those who have been on the tour for 2 years and less) and The Best of Best, where our past winners will battle it out!
Here are the Entry Categories for the Taste-Off this year:
- 9:00 AM – Best Plain Butter Tart (just the plain facts in this one)
- 9:45 AM – Best “Canadiana” Butter Tart (from our new Canadiana Inspired Collection)
- 10:30 AM – Best Gluten-Free Butter Tart (judged by people who eat gluten-free)
- 11:15 AM – Best Emerging Baker (for new bakers on the tour – within the last two years)
- 12:00 PM – Best of the Best (past winners can compete in the category)
- 12:50 PM – Category Winners announced!
We will not be having free tastings at the Butter Tart Taste-Off this year, as it led to long lines.
The Entrance for the event will be off of the side of the building, through the large garage doors allowing visitors the ability to move at their will enjoying the event.
For more information. please email email@example.com .
We will be welcoming back from the Food Network, Celebrity Chef David Adjey who will join a host of local guest judges. This year, he will be also be judging our new Sous Chef Challenge, where local sous chefs will compete to win the title of our newest up-and-coming chef.
The Sous Chef Challenge will start at 11:00 am, to the right of the entrance doors.
NEW THIS YEAR – We are opening the event booths up to more culinary tourism opportunities. If you have a tourism business that has a focus in culinary, and would like a booth at the event this year, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
September 23, 2017
9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Peterborough Farmers' Market, Lansdowne Street, Peterborough, ON, Canada