Trail Towns 2017 Community Incentive Award
Not-for-profit organizations within the Kawarthas Northumberland region are invited to submit projects aimed at pursuing trail town related experiential tourism development initiatives associated with the Trent-Severn Waterway.
Submissions should not exceed five (5) pages in length and must be based on community driven initiatives which:
- Invite demonstrable private sector/entrepreneurial engagement and investment (e.g. accommodators, culinary, retail, attractions etc.)
- Have demonstrated support and demonstrable participation from local community leadership, trail development organizations, Parks Canada, economic development/tourism organizations and municipalities.
- Can be completed within the 2017 fiscal year.
- Are demonstrably linked to longer term Trent-Severn Waterway initiatives.
- Must include measurable performance indicators as it relates to the project.
A total of three awards will be provided. First place is $5,000, second and third place awards are $2,500. Submissions must be submitted by mail or by e-mail in pdf form by 12 noon, Friday, January 13, 2017 to:
All inquiries must be directed to Ms. Wood. Submissions will be evaluated by a committee under the auspices of Kawarthas Northumberland and will be awarded on or before Friday, February 10, 2017.