RTO8 conducts and supports workshops throughout Kawarthas Northumberland. Here you will find information on the workshops as well as how to register. If a presenter makes their material available after the training, that information will be here as well. Training sessions are open to all tourism businesses within RTO8. To keep up to date on workshops, make sure that you are subscribed to our newsletter which you can so do here.
Thursday, October 11th 2018 | 8:30 am | Best Western, Cobourg | 930 Burnham St. Cobourg
A one-day, high-level business growth conference that aims to educate, motivate and promote collaboration. Enhance your entrepreneurial skills, network with business owners and learn from a variety of guest speakers.
Topics will include:
- Growing a brand on social media
- Trusting your inner entrepreneur
- Building stronger connections in a digital world
- How to recruit, train and motivate
This conference is open for anyone to attend.
For more information and tickets visit www.becn.ca/conference. Limited tickets are available
Tuesday, October 16th 2018 | 10:00 am | Baxter Creek Golf Club, Fraserville | 1702 Cedar Valley Rd
Wednesday, October 17th 2018 | 10:00 am | Burleigh Falls Inn, Selwyn Township | 4791 Hwy 28, Lakefield
Join Community Features Peterborough and Peterborough & The Kawarthas Economic Development for the first ever Rural Business Summit. This summit is for entrepreneurs, leaders, and movers & shakers who have big aspirations for their small communities in Peterborough and The Kawarthas. This event features:
- Keynote presentation for marketing expert Gregg McLachlan (workcabin.ca founder) on Marketing Your Small Town Business
- Panel discussion on Succession Planning with local experts Darryl Wade (Farm Life Financial), Matthew Savino (Savino HR Professionals) and Nicole Truman (Fox Law)
- Two round table discussions on the challenges and opportunities for rural businesses
Registration is required for these free events as seating is limited and needs to be done before October 10th.
Baxter Creek October 16th Register Now
Burleigh Falls Inn October 17th Register Now
Tuesday, November 6th 2018 | 9:00 am | Best Western, Cobourg | 930 Burnham St. Cobourg
This one-day workshop will explore the impact of growing your annual local festival or event. What works for a festival of 300 people, may not work for a festival of 5000. Learn how to manage festival and event growth potential with a planned, sustainable approach. The workshop will also look at:
- Learning to evaluate festival business plans and identify the capacity to grow
- Building a guide for event operators
- Revitalizing traditional “must-have” activities
- Evaluate the festival site/venue for capacity, safety and attendee happiness
This workshop is suitable for all tourism festival and event organizers.
There are currently no events, please check back soon.