Are you tired of the typical classroom or conference style training? The IGNITE program involved a combination of physical activity, cultural interaction engaging with companies who are well known and respected in the Explorer’s Edge region of Ontario.
The IGNITE experience focuses on committing to actions, collaborating between attendees and hands-on experience development. You receive 3 days of learning, networking and enjoying the off-the-grid splendor.
Edge of the Wedge
The Gros Morne Institute for Sustainable Tourism Edge of the Wedge program is Canada’s premier experiential travel training program. Set in the natural splendor of Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland, Edge of the Wedge is an immersive, hands-on opportunity that will increase your revenue potential, competitive market position, result in new tourism experiences and long-lasting community partnerships.
Experiential travel is more than just a consumer trend. Visitors want to be connected to their destination- to understand and experience the local culture and traditions. This is your opportunity to engage travellers in the special places, customs, traditions and stories that are uniquely yours. Authentic experiences are at the heart of connecting visitors with the community.
What you will take away from Edge of the Wedge:
- A solid understanding of experiential travel, the opportunities, benefits, risks and investment required to succeed
- Immersion in a destination that has made the “shift” to experiential travel and has become a leader
- How to think like a traveller, by engaging in authentic Atlantic Canadian community experiences. You will get the chance to experience the community like a visitor would, meet the operators and hear their stories
- New practices that enable you to dream, design and package memorable travel experiences
- Officially becoming an “Edgie” – A network of alumni of the program who all have an interest in optimizing the potential for experiential travel in their region
This program is geared for people in the Private Sector and Not-for-profit businesses who directly welcome the guest and those that support the guest experience as well as Government Organizations, associations, destination marketing organizations who support and develop the tourism industry.